A beginner in the share market is usually hesitant to start and is not familiar with different trading platforms.Placing an order in the market is a first step towards getting yourself acquainted with trading.
We will show you step by step process of placing a buy order in share market for equity. Screenshots shown below are from one of the trading platforms used by a leading bank.
We will try to explain different fields shown here.
- Select your Exchange as BSE or NSE
- Instrument – Equity ( for this article we’ll not delve into futures)
- Symbol – Enter initial letters of company you want to buy stocks of and a list will appear something like this. Choose the company Name (Infosys LTD for our example)
- Choose Product – Cash or Intraday (Refer to following section to learn what is Intraday trading)
- Enter Qty – 100 ( for this example)
- Order Type – Limit or Market (limit order means you want to buy at a specific price .While Market order means you buy at the price at which equity is selling in the market called as Market Price).Learn more about difference between Limit Order and Market Order
- Price – Enter Only in case of Limit Order
- Dis. Quantity – Should be equal to or less than Qty
After filling in all the details as specified click on the “Place Order” button and your order would be placed.
Look how simple it was to place a buy order in the Share market for equity. Please feel free to use comments section if you have any questions regarding placing a buy equity order in share market..